HomeSnookerBilliardsClub ContactsOfficersDownloadsHistoryPlayer ContactsSemi FinalsFinals



The LDBSA Billiard League was formed in 1894. Founder members were: Leamington Liberals, Leamington Conservatives, Nelson Club, Warwick Liberals, and Budbrooke.

Budbrooke played from the sergeant's mess in The Royal Warwickshire Regiment at Budbrooke barracks, where Hampton Magna is now located. Budbrooke missed the 1899/1900 season due to service in the South African, Boer War (11 Oct 1899 - 31 May 1902).
Leam Libs were located at Regent Grove in 1894.
Warwick Constitutional joined the league in 1902/3.

The teams consisted of eight players playing 100 up with the highest aggregate score determining the winners.
Teams paid 2/6p per club per year subscriptions.
Season was October to March.
Games were played on Friday nights.
20 players per club could be registered.

On the 22nd February 1894, 250 people watched Leamington Libs play Budbrooke in the final.

The league was suspended during World War 2.
Following a meeting on September 4th 1947 it was agreed to restart the league 1947/8.
Clubs present at the meeting were: YMCA, British Legion, Kenilworth W.M.C, Leamington Conservatives, Leamington Trades Hall, Warwick Trades Hall, St.Mary's, Warwick Liberals, and Lillington.

Please click an item on the right hand side to see a list of past winners.

2015 AGM & Presentation Evening
2014 AGM & Presentation Evening

Past Winners

Premier Division A Division B Division C Division Stan Ward Cup Courier Cup EJ Riley Singles Pairs Cup 3 Man Challenge Under 35s Over 50s Over 65s Cliff Webb Trophy Fred Cowell Cup Billiards League Morris Trophy Maurice Batchelor Birmingham Mail Camkin Cup Kenilworth Trophy